I ordered a single pencil from Officeworks

A huge box arrives

Recently I've been test drawing with a small set of Faber Castell Polychromos pencils. It's the smallest set available just to see what the fuss is about. And yes they are awesome, however the price of the full set it a tad out of reach for me at the moment (Around 400 bucks Australian). So I noticed Office works sell single pencils which means I can just pick up a few colours when I need them. I had a few other items to order anyhow so I'll add a darker Green and a Darker Blue to the order and have it all delivered together.
A huge box for a small Item
The order went through ok, but then I receive an email saying "This order will be sent in multiple deliveries" Crap. ok that's fine, I was only charged the single delivery fee, but within a couple of days the first package arrived with everything except the 2 pencils.  
Next I receive another email saying they are unable to supply the darker green pencil, so they will send the single blue one by itself. A week later, the box arrives interstate from Melbourne to Brisbane.  
The item is taped to the bottom of the box
I cant complain about it arriving broken. After all its a $4 pencil. So a decent amount of packaging is required. High five to the staff who used what resources they were given to protect my item. 
Behold the Blue Polychromos Pencil
Behold. The Blue Polychromos Pencil. 

Most Popular